If this is your first acupuncture treatment, we’ll make sure you are at ease every step of the way. We treat lots of people who are needle shy, and we are certain you will be pleasantly surprised at how comfortable acupuncture can be.
Most people find it so relaxing that they fall fast asleep! Your acupuncturist will just take a few minutes to place extremely small, sterile, single-use needles in various points on your body- usually below the elbows and knees, often on the ears or head, and then you will be left to rest with the needles in for at least 30-45 minutes.
What Should I Wear?
Just wear comfortable clothes that allow us to access from the elbows and knees down. You will only remove your shoes and socks and jacket.
How Will The First Appointment Go?
- At your first appointment please bring the completed paperwork, you can download it here.
- If you are not able to download, then arrive 15 minutes early to fill it out.
- Once arriving you will pay for your appointment. The first appointment is $50).
- You will meet privately with an acupuncturist to discuss your health concerns.
- After discussing your health concerns you will receive an acupuncture treatment where you choose a comfortable recliner, lay back and relax as soothing music plays in the background.
- When you are feeling ‘done’ then just give us a look and we will come and unpin you and get you going with the rest of your day.
- We will give you recommendations on frequency of treatment and any herbal supplements we recommend.
- The first treatment will be about 90 minutes.
- Please eat a light meal before coming in and refrain from heavily caffeinated beverages.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing so we can access from your elbows down and knees down.
- Refrain from heavy scents as many people are chemically sensitive.
- We play soothing music but if you prefer silence please bring ear plugs.
- We provide blankets but you may also bring in your own comforts ie blankets, eye pillow.
There is 90 minute free street parking.